Sunday, April 23, 2006

when i open my eyes ...

i see so clearly.

but sometimes, God lets me walk around blindly until i bump into things. good things.

thursday night, i went to church excited as usual to be challenged and refreshed. i got both things, but not without effort. being blindsided emotionally/spiritually by something that was said made me realize there are some steps that need to be taken so that i can better handle being confronted with the issue in the future.

today, i was too lazy to get up and retrieve my cell phone from the kitchen table to check what time it was. within 10 seconds, my dear friend mel called ... well, her phone called me when she dropped it. we both figured it was a God thing and enjoyed a brief yet encouraging conversation.

tonight, i was all set to stay in my little bubble and hang with friends, be comfortable. i ended up spending some time with two different groups and getting to know some people.

it's so interesting (and relieving) to see how God knows exactly what you need. HOW MARVELOUS indeed ...

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
'Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.

How marvelous! How wonderful!
And my song shall ever be,
How marvelous! How wonderful!
Is my Savior's love for me!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love and miss you. I appreciate your heart, your passion and your message. Keep all three open to the public...